CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 3 March 2011

lace and pearls

I am really pleased at how this card turned out. I have managed to combine several challenges with it. I edged the blue papers with a darker blue ink pad, and also the nestie scalloped oval which I cut on my lovely cuttlebug (however did I manage without one!) The stamp is a Penny Black one called Constellations, and I have added a little sparkle with a Sakura pen. I made the hat pin by adding some pretty blue beads and pearls to a long pearl headed pin. Also added pearls to the bottom strip.
First up for Pearls and Lace    
http://pennybfriendssaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com/
Next - using hatpins
http://thecuttlebugspot.blogspot.com/
The layout is a sketch from
http://sweetstampsblog.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

~ Kendra ~ said...

Love your take on the sketch, like how you used the lace for the three panels in back! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps and good luck!

Kendra

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

Really beautiful. I like the whole lacy feel. Thanks for joining our Sweet Stamps challenge.

shulsart said...

Glennis, I love how you used the lace as the 3 panels, very elegant. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Sweet Stamps blog.

Sandy Fredrick said...

I love the use of the lace for the panels on this card. Thank you for joining our challenge at SweetStamps.com.

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card glennis...thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous card, love the beautiful floral image and colours.
luv
Debby

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous! LOVE that lace and pretty pin. thanks for joining us at TCS. xxD

dmbennett said...

Wonderful Card. Love how you used the lace. I also love this color combo. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps and Good Luck.
Dawn B

Jackie Randolph said...

Beautiful card!!! Love the lace fill and all the gorgeous details you took to make this so pretty!
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps,hope you will come back next week too!

Tamara Morton said...

Wonderful elegant card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet stamps this week
Hugs
Tamara

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

The lace and pearls are so elegant. Thanks for joining the challenge at SweetStamps.com and good luck!